7 Steps to Help You Rise to
the Top of Your Game
My morning routine starts the night before. I know. I know. You’re thinking Is it a morning or a night routine? Let me explain.
The last thing I do before turning off the light to sleep is write in a gratitude journal. I simply write bullets – things I’m grateful for that day. Then I go to sleep.
The next morning I feel good. I don’t think consciously about what I wrote in my journal the night before. But a gratitude mindset paves the way for positivity the next morning. Read on and see how to rise to the top of your game.
7-Step Routine That Nurtures You
Upon rising, I ‘mindfully’ complete this set of actions. I execute each action with intention. This includes an acute awareness of how I feel every moment.
These 7 actions nurture my body, mind, and soul. Each action is followed by benefits.
- Wash your face by splashing it several times with cold water. Washing your face with cold water wakes and refreshes you. It also stimulates circulation in your skin to give you a healthy glow.
- Massage virgin organic coconut oil on face and neck. Massaging your face and neck with virgin organic coconut oil replenishes moisture in your skin and locks it in.
- Drink 2-3 16-oz glasses of water. Drinking 2-3 glasses of water rehydrates you after sleeping, increases the flow of oxygen, promotes development of new cells, boosts metabolism, helps flush toxins from your body. That’s just for starters! Room temperature or slightly cooled is best.
- Do yoga – several repetitions of Sun Salutation. Doing Sun Salutations provides gentle, deep stretches, promotes good balance, and will make you feel like an agile yogi.
- Eat a bowl (try a large orange + 1/2 cup blueberries) of fresh fruit. Eating fresh fruit before anything else is good for digestion. It’s also full of fibre and nutrients, including inflammation-fighting antioxidants.
- Meditate (20-30 minutes). Meditating brings clarity and focus, boosts energy, and helps quiet internal “noise”.
- Eat 1/2 cup muesli and 1/2 cup probiotic yogurt. Eating muesli and probiotic yogurt benefits your gut, overall health, and tastes great! You might want to make your own muesli, like I do.
So now you have the recipe to rise to the top of your game. To get full benefits, follow the steps in the same order as they appear above. Meditating after you eat fruit, for example, gives your fruit time to digest before eating anything else.
If you want to change things up a bit, try doing your gratitude journal in the morning. I prefer nights when the memories of the day are still fresh. And I like going to sleep with thoughts of gratitude.
Otherwise, follow these 7 steps every morning. You’ll reap heaps of benefits. What’s more is that staying on track with this routine will get you to the top of your game!